Friday 1 March 2019

Dusting off the old blog!

Wow. It has been an AGE since I've come on here and talked about any games. A lot has happened in seven years since I last wrote anything here. Moving, marriage, and kids all happened in that time frame and even though I now have a very limited amount of time to play games, I still try and make an effort to do so.

Looking back, I see that I was supposed to do a critique on Guild Wars 2... well that really went sideways, didn't it? I only played a minuscule amount before planning a wedding and I had no time or motivation to continue. It is safe to say I'll probably pass on GW2 though. I found it not as engaging as the original, but as it was so long ago, I cannot tell you why. Maybe I should give it another go, perhaps? If you think I should revisit GW2, please feel free to leave a comment saying so. I'd love for you to change my mind and get this blog up and running again.

Now in the age of Twitch and YouTube, a blog about PC/console games seems a little redundant, I know. However, I think breathing some life back into this run down place where I used to share my opinion on games I loved or hated will be a welcome throwback. Who knows, I might even try and figure out how to do some streaming as an accompaniment to this very spot where I pour my feelings out about games.

 I know I haven't written anything here in a long while, but I've still found the time to play plenty of games since 2012 that I really, REALLY enjoyed! There was The Witcher 3 and it was just GEORGEOUS! Also, Dragon Age: Inquisition, which I'm glad to see they fixed most of what was upsetting in DA2, even though there was some race gating for romances. I've played Horizon Zero Dawn - a really cool concept, but couldn't keep my attention as well as Thief - but as I recall had mixed reviews, even though I found really fun. I also got to play my personal favourite: The Spyro Reignited Trilogy this past November - where I was able to relive part of my childhood and gave me ALL the feels.

 Now, I'd really like to do some reviews on these games, but I'm not sure if I would be beating a dead horse or not. Let me know in the comments if you'd like me to do a review on some of the titles I listed, or do you want me to start off fresh for 2019?

thanks for stopping by!

Manda aka MRTL85

No comments:

Post a Comment