Monday 22 October 2012

Minecraft: 8-bit fun for everyone!

Whether you are new to video games or an experienced gamer, Minecraft is an amazing game that caters to every skill level. It may not have flashy graphics or realistic gore like much of today's top video games but it makes up for that with it's multiple play formats (like on creative mode or on survival) and its ability to let you use your imagination. Not many games allow for this sort of freedom and that is why I think that it's top Notch (lol pardon the pun)! I have been playing Minecraft with my husband for 2 years and every time I play it, I am still amazed that I have the freedom to build anything I want and play any way I wish. Lets say I wanted to build a massive castle with 100 rooms and a Mage's tower. In any other game, I wouldn't be able to unless I was the one creating it but in Minecraft, I can. What about a tree top city that spans an entire continent? Minecraft says "but of course"! How about the Sistine Chapel? Sure, why not. Anything is possible in Minecraft. It is just like playing Lego, without accidentally stepping on the pieces! The best part about this game is being able to turn off the spawning so you don't get attacked by those pesky Creepers or Endermen while building your fantastic creations! This game has such versatility and replay value that I'll be playing this for years to come with my kids and even my grandchildren! 
It is also wonderful for allowing people from different skill levels to partake in the same game (great for any geek couple or family who want to have something to do together). I seriously think that this should be a staple in every gaming family home. Notch has done a fantastic job with this indie game and I am glad it's pushed its way into the mainstream market. I give this game 10/10

1 comment:

  1. ROBLOX is driven by a growing player base of more than 300,000 creator players who provide an infinite variety of highly immersive experiences.

    These experiences range from 3D games and competitions, to interactive adventures where players can take on new avatars to imagine what it would be like to be a dinosaur, a miner in a quarry or an astronaut on a space exploration.

    ReplyDelete